Who are we?
We use four simple core values:
- the service user’s best interest and is at the centre of everything we do
- we won’t ask service users to do anything we are not happy to do ourselves
- safety is our first priority; we will respect anonymity, when necessary or desired
- as providers, we are there to serve you, you are not here to keep our jobs: the duty falls on us
- Give LGBT people and their families in Bridgend their own voice and support their choices in accessing services suitable to them
- Instigate dialogue between local providers and service users to achieve a provision that is effective and relevant to LGBT people and their families.
- Raise awareness of LGBT issues with partners, local services and the wider community
- Help service providers to commission services that are inclusive of LGBT users and their families
LGBT+ peer support group
ABFABB run a bimonthly peer group enabling Bridgend’s LGBT+ community to meet-up, socialise, get to know other LGBT+ community members and discuss all the things that are important to you. Meeting in a safe environment, the group offers peer support giving you a chance to discuss and share what you like about your community and services, what you don’t like and the things that you would like to change.
Guidance & Signposting
As a community based project we at ABFABB will never pretend to know everything there is to know about Bridgend’s LGBT+ community. However, if there are area’s specific to your needs or requirements that ABFABB are unable to cater towards, we will always do our very best to help our service users in any way we can. ABFABB’s sign-posting service means we can help you access other services across our network that maybe more suitable or beneficial to you. If you provide a service with the borough of Bridgend that you feel may benefit its LGBT+ community please feel free to contact us so that we can list you in our sign-posting directory.